In case you missed it, the Indie Design Gift-a-Long starts TOMORROW, and since the whole thing kicks off with a big sale, it's a great time to snag some patterns at a discount.
With thousands of patterns available, you might feel a little overwhelmed, so here are a few shopping tips:
1. First, think about who your favorite designers are, then check the list and see if they're participating. If they are, they'll have created a bundle of patterns eligible for the gift-a-long discount, which you can find on their designer page. (Mine is right here!)
2. If you don't have a specific designer in mind, then think about what you might like to make, and look for designers that specialize in that kind of thing. For example, Jen Lucas is famous for her sock yarn shawls, Lisa Chemery does lots of adorable stuff for kids, and Lee Meredith is well known for her quirky, uniquely-constructed designs.
3. If you want to shop local this season, look for a designer in your neck of the woods! This fun map shows where all the participating designers are.
4. You can also check out the Indie Design Gift-a-Long over on Pinterest--soon you'll see all of the eligible patterns there, organized by type!
5. There's a lot of focus this time of year on holiday gifts, but don't forget to grab a pattern to make a little something for yourself after the holiday madness is over!
Here's what's on my wishlist for the GAL this year:
Silverfox by Lisa Chemery
Silver Fir Shawl by Kerri Blumer
Excursion by Hunter Hammersen
Vanilla is the New Black by Anneh Fletcher
Kabeliai by Jen Lucas
So, get ready, tomorrow's the big day! And don't forget to share your GAL projects on social media with the #giftalong2016 tag!
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like . . .