Can you believe it--the Summer in the City KAL starts in just TWO DAYS! Need a quick refresher on the rules and details? Here's the rundown:
Dates: May 27 - September 5
(that’s the Friday of Memorial Day weekend through the Monday of Labor Day weekend)
- Everyone who completes at least 1 project during the KAL will receive a brand new MediaPeruana Designs pattern (top secret).
- Everyone who completes 1 or more projects during the KAL will be entered to win the grand prize, a Charm City Knits prize pack full of yarn and Baltimore-themed goodies. More finished projects = more chances to win!
- Additional prizes will be awarded during the KAL:
to the first person to finish a project
to the person who finishes the most projects
random prize drawings for mini-challenges throughout the KAL
How to Play:
Post your finished Charm City Knits projects in this thread. Easy peasy!
- Only the 6 patterns in Charm City Knits are eligible.
- You are welcome to knit multiples of the same pattern.
- Cast-on on or after May 27 (swatching in advance is ok!).
- Post photos of finished projects in the thread by September 5.
- When posting a finished project, please include a big, bold FINISHED at the top of the post for easier searching.
- You must be a member of the MediaPeruana Designs Ravelry group to be eligible for prizes!
And if you're sharing on Instagram, don't forget to tag your projects #summerinthecitykal!
Plus, you can submit your finished Summer in the City KAL projects for some of the other KALs I told you about last Thursday--MORE chances for prizes!
I'm hoping to knit 3 projects during the KAL--well, ok, I'm planning to start 3 projects for the KAL. Finishing will be a challenge--I've been plugging away at WIPs trying to start with a clean(ish) slate! Here's my yarn:
I'm planning a Charm City shawlette (the green), bright stripey Eutaw Street socks (the yellow/gray/pink) and a quick Admiral Fell hat (the orange/yellow/red). And it's a good thing most of the yarn is already wound, because the kids managed to break my swift, and I haven't determined if it's fixable or if it will have to be replaced. Womp womp.
Looking through the chat thread, so far it looks like we have 3 other people planning to knit a shawlette, at least 1 other hat, and 1 ambitious knitter planning an Annabel Lee cardi, which I can't wait to see!
It's FINALLY feeling like summer here (84 today!), and I can't wait to get this KAL started! I hope you'll knit with us! Come on over to the chat thread and share your plans!
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like . . .